New issue type in jira

Justin justin.obara at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 4 18:15:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

In Jira, using tasks and sub-tasks can be a convenient way to organize
your issues. The downside with this, is that they become mixed with
actual tasks and are more difficult to find using Jira's filters.

To help resolve this, I have created a new Issue Type in Jira; Sub-
Issue. You can use the sub-issue the exact same way that you would
have used a sub-task.  However, by separating them we are able to
preserve the use of Jira's filters.

To change your current sub-task to a sub-issue, I believe you'll have
to covert it to an issue first and then to a sub-issue.

Thank You
Justin