Uploader problems

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 3 14:33:24 UTC 2008

Hi John,

This is a known issue in the latest version of SWFUpload and Flash
Player 10. It's also fairly distressing, since it appears that Adobe
has changed Flash APIs for the worse. Here are some details:

http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/551

I do have some hope that, since this approach is also used by Yahoo!
and Flickr, there's a chance that Adobe will be responsive to fixing it.

We're in the midst of heavily modularizing the Fluid Uploader. I'm
considering implementing a Gears 0.4-based plugin for the Uploader as
an alternative to the SWFUpload for those using unsupported
environments. Not ideal, but at least we'll have an alternative.

This version of Uploader, slated for Infusion 0.5, will also be much
more skinnable and flexible in terms of its markup. Perhaps it will be
of use to your team, too.

Colin