Uploader Broken! > Re: [Commits] svn commit: 6068

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 19 22:22:56 UTC 2008

Apologies for the cryptic message earlier, I was in a bit of panic
over my check-in of broken code.

The broken-ness was just a garden variety typo.

However, the slowness was because we rephrased our selector for
fileRows from "tr:not(#queue-row-tmplt)" to ":not(#queue-row-tmplt)".

tr:not(#queue-row-tmplt) means "all *row elements* that do not have an
id of "queue-row-tmplt".

while

:not(#queue-row-tmplt) means *any and all* elements that do not have
an id of "queue-row-tmplt".

so while the former forced jQuery to inspect every row element and
return all but one of those rows, the latter selector forced jQuery to
inspect each and every element in the container and return all but one
of those.

It's really quite surprising that all it did was slow down.

- Eli