Picking Time

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 11 18:01:01 UTC 2008

Thanks very much for the link Eli! Yesterday we just did a round of
paper prototype testing with users on potential designs for the date
and time picker. We expect to make some changes based on the testing,
but will be posting the storyboards we used in the tests today or
tomorrow.

This time picker could definitely serve as inspiration for any
redesigns. I found a place to play with it: http://haineault.com/media/examples/jquery-utils/demo/ui-timepickr.html
  and am wondering if folks on the list see any accessibility issues
with the design in general before we consider doing something like
this? For instance, since there there isn't a moment that the two is
selected before moving on to the 15 and then the "am" (e.g. they are
all selected after the user rolls over everything) I wasn't sure if it
would be difficult for a screen reader to process. Perhaps it's
supposed to work differently with the keyboard, but neither Erin nor I
could figure out how to use it with the keyboard. I

Thanks!
Allison

Allison Bloodworth
Senior User Interaction Designer