Uploader 2 designs for 0.6 beta

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 3 14:03:51 UTC 2008

Hey Justin,

On 3-Nov-08, at 8:50 AM, Justin wrote:

> That sounds like a good idea. I just had another question come to
> mind. Will the new version of uploader remain attached to a server
> back end? This will definitely  help with the testing, and place it
> in a real environment for anyone who wants to check it out. If this
> is the case, it may be helpful if there was a way to delete the
> uploaded files from the server, without having to rebuild the
> nightly build.

We will absolutely continue to maintain the server back end for
testing the Uploader. It's now set up as part of the daily build and
is connected to the latest code base. We'll probably want to extend it
to handle different Uploader configurations so that we can perform a
variety of realistic tests against it.

Here's the URL for the nightly Image Gallery 2 application, which is
our server test bed for Uploader:

http://build.fluidproject.org:8080/sakai-imagegallery2-web

At the moment, there's no way that I know of to delete uploaded files.
The database is dropped whenever the application is rebuilt. Perhaps
Ray has a few spare cycles to lend a hand with this feature?