Finishing the Layout Customizer

Erin Yu erin.yu at utoronto.ca
Tue May 13 21:29:51 UTC 2008

Here's the first draft for the keyboard interaction styling.

1. In terms of styling, I think the locked needs to be "flat-looking,
not grabbable" (Gary's input) and the focus for keyboard navigation to
be "selected, active looking"

2. I prefer the no-header for locked portlet, but if this isn't
possible (because of the icons and menus that need to go in the
header), then it may be better to make it look the same as the other
portlets (as shown below, rather than introducing another colour).

I've been chatting with Gary about this, and to his point, it may not
be all that important for users to realize that a porlet is locked
(until they start dragging, at which point they'll get the warning
msg). I agree with him, and user testing might clarify this.

Below shows the My Bookmarks portlet in focus (for keyboard-only
navigation).