Slow Resources rendering time in 2-5-x

Knoop, Peter knoop at umich.edu
Fri Mar 28 18:28:41 UTC 2008

So one option here is to switch back to the 2.4 style menus.  If we did
so, what fixes or enhancements might we potentially loose?  It sounds
like the accessibility issues have been addressed to a degree in 2.4.x.
We would potentially be bringing back two undesired behaviors (though
they might be fixable with a little work): whenever the mouse passes
over the menu in 2.4.x it pops up obscuring the content underneath, and
the menu always pops-down even when you're at the bottom of the page and
it will go off-screen.

Are there other behaviors or potential losses of functionality that
might concern folks, if we switched resources back to using the 2.4.x
style menus?

Thanks.

-peter