Slow Resources rendering time in 2-5-x

Clay Fenlason clay.fenlason at et.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 27 18:09:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Stephen Marquard
<stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I haven't had any responses to this so am asking again.
>
>  Are the dojo/dijit buttons a dead-end or can they be improved?

I don't know, but perhaps a JS maven on the Fluid lists might have
some suggestions.  Colin or Eli?  Client-side caching of some sort?

>  Are other sites going into production with 2-5-x concerned about rendering time for Resources with large sets of files, or do most sites only put a few things in each Resources folder?

We're concerned.

>  Is anyone actively working on or supporting the current (2.5) Resources code, or is everyone on other projects or working on complete replacements?

The Resources code is being supported in maintenance mode, yes, but
it's fair to say that new development energy is oriented more toward
replacement tools and widgets.  I think we'd be ready to contribute to
working out a solution for this particular problem.

~Clay