Design question: portlets drop target indicators?

Gary Thompson gary at unicon.net
Mon Mar 24 22:34:51 UTC 2008

Anastasia,

1) Open space in the bottom of a column should be a valid drop target.
The drop target indicator should display underneath the last portlet in
that column with the dropped content placed at the bottom of the
column.  Non-column area is not a valid drop target (e.g., the gutter
between columns).

2) When a column is empty, dragging into any part of the empty column
should render the drop target indicator at the top of the empty column
and the dropped content is placed at the top of the column.  Rendering
of the drop target indicator is otherwise the same (color, shape, size,
etc.).

Does that answer your questions?

Gary