Commit access nomination: Ray Davis

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 24 16:41:10 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'd like to nominate Ray Davis for commit access to the Fluid source
repository. Ray is a longstanding contributor to Sakai and an
excellent developer.

Ray is working on the Image Gallery application, which we're using as
a platform for showcasing our components. In the past, Gallery
development has occurred within the Sakai contrib space, but we'd like
to move it into the Fluid repository to simplify integration.

As a reminder, here's the process for granting commit access to the
Fluid repository:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Process+for+Granting+Commit+Access

Nomination occurs in public on the fluid-work mailing list. Current
committers vote privately on the committers mailing list. Typical
voting rules apply. If a nomination is denied, the committers group
will provide an explanation and coach the candidate on how commit
access may be earned in the future.