Testing lightbox with screen readers

Joseph Scheuhammer clown at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 17 21:20:41 UTC 2008

All,

I've done some tests of the presentation of the Lightbox using
WindowEyes and JAWS.  The purpose was to look for any differences made
by adding a title attribute.

The first crack at listing the results are here:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/DoUk

I'm still thinking about what these results mean (e.g., why does JAWS
speak what it does -- where is the information coming from?), whether
adding a title has any advantage, or whether the title should be added
to other elements, and also how to test things further; but the above
should provide something to think about.

--
;;;;joseph

'This is not war -- this is pest control!'
      - "Doomsday", Dalek Leader -