Quick steps to prepare for the next iteration

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 14 23:27:28 UTC 2008

Hi again,

Our next UX iteration planning meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March
18th at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EDT. My goal is to get these meetings down to
no longer than half an hour in length so that we can all spend more
time designing.

To help with this, I'd like to remind you to update your detailed
tasks in JIRA for Iteration 5 by Monday evening at the latest. This
will give me time to prepare the iteration spreadsheet in advance of
the meeting.

1. Review the Fluid 0.3 UX project and release plans to remind
yourself of our goals this quarter:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fluid+0.3+UX+Project+Plan
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fluid+0.3+UX+Release+Plan

2. Update your tasks for the previous iteration, including the
completion status and time spent.

3. Enter any new tasks into JIRA as subtasks of the high-level
deliverables. Daphne has kindly done the work of creating tasks for
all the primary release deliverables. So, for example, if your task is
related to the File Upload component, please file it as a subtask of
FLUID-334.

3. Mark the new and existing tasks that you'd like to work on this
iteration with the correct label. In this case: iteration05

4. Provide estimates for your tasks. If you have any questions about
the format for estimates, please see:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/How+to+Plan+an+Iteration

5. Come to the meeting with a sense of the prioritization amongst your
tasks and with others.

If you have any questions or need a hand with your preparations, I'm
happy to help.