Heuristic UX evaluation of Date Picker

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Wed Mar 12 22:08:25 UTC 2008

Nice. A couple of notes:

There is no easy way to change the year without typing a new one in
the entry field.  One strength of the JQuery design is the "Year"
drop-down.
- Strongly agree

The JQuery design also had the controls:  <Prev    Today    Next>.
The Fluid Date picker offers the <Prev and  Next> but not "Today".
- Very strongly agree (I think this is critical)

-AZ

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Barbara Glover
<barbara.glover at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Hi all
> Gary and I did a heuristic walk through of Erin's excellent date picker
> designs.  Our comments are found at this link.  Gary feel free to add
> comments I forgot.
>

> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Heuristic+UX+Evaluation+of+Date+Picker
>
> cheers
> Barbara

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]