Accessibility evaluation tool WAVE

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 10 17:17:07 UTC 2008

I just got an email from Berkeley Web Accessibility Group pointing me
to WAVE, a tool published by WebAIM which does an automated site
accessibility report, similar to the W3C validation tools.

http://wave.webaim.org/

They have also released a Firefox plug-in that allows for local
evaluations, nothing sent to the server.

http://wave.webaim.org/toolbar

I briefly messed about with the plug-in and it seems useful. Perhaps
someone with more experience with accessibility can do a more thorough
evaluation.

Before today, I hadn't heard of WebAIM. Anyone have an opinion about
this group in general? Should we be linking to them? Working with them?

- Eli

Eli Cochran
user interaction developer
ETS, UC Berkeley