Questions about YUI Uploader and Fluid

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 7 18:57:34 UTC 2008

There is something in this response which is both heartening and
surprising. It appears because the Yahoo guys are referring to the
swfupload forum pages that the YUI uploader and swfupload are, in
fact, one in the same. I had always assumed that they'd written their
own using the same technique, my mistake.

- Eli

On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Colin Clark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I asked our friend Nate Koetchley at Yahoo! about our concerns with
> Flash-based uploaders and HTTPS. Here's what his team had to say
> about the YUI Uploader as an example.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Colin
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>>> The only issue that I've seen come up with HTTPS had to do with
>>> the certificate path matching. Biao from APEX team encountered
>>> this, and here's what he had to say:
>>>
>>> It seems that Flash upload works in FF over HTTPS with a regular
>>> purchased
>>> certificate:
>>> http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/347
>>>
>>> Someone suggested that we make sure "host name in the request
>>> matches the
>>> host name in the cert with a fully qualified path".
>>> http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/117
>>>
>>> I noticed our certs were attributed to
>>> "*.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com",
>>> when the actual server was
>>> "ac4intcrtvui1.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com", so
>>> I'm seeing if I can get that changed.
>>>
>>> This bug report I found has comments that support both these
>>> theories:
>>> http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-13196
>>>
>>> I haven't investigated this closely, but this is all I am aware of
>>> so far.
>>> Of course there's still that cookie issue in Firefox that they
>>> need to be aware of, and proper crossdomain permissions as well.
>
> ---
> Colin Clark
> Technical Lead, Fluid Project
> http://fluidproject.org