SWFUpload Word of warning

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 7 17:25:18 UTC 2008

Ian,
This is all very relevant. And good information.

The SSL stuff is concerning. Some of the research I've done
indicates... Well, I'll just send the reference:

	http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/117

Very common issue dealing with SSL.

I don't completely understand the implications of the cookie bug.

My apologies for not having something running yet that we can really
test out. Working on that. Should have something up soon... Shooting
for Monday or Tuesday.

I guess my biggest concern right now is that for good multi-file
upload we really don't have another option but Flash. Java would be
OK, except for slow loading times and nasty security warnings. So I'm
pretty invested in making this work.

But if it's flaky then it's flaky.

I'll read that Adobe thread.

Thanks,