SWFUpload Word of warning

Ian Boston ieb at tfd.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 14:40:10 UTC 2008

The guys at Caret have done some further investigation and discovered
this.

http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/383

It may be possible to work around the cookie bug, but the long list
of complaints about flash.net.FileRefernce.upload on the adobe site
worries me a bit.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/
wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00002204.html

Things like,
  if you give it https://camtools.caret.cam.ac.uk/  it changes the
url to https://camtools.caret.cam.ac.uk:80/ which is wrong (not SSL).
You can work around by forcing the URL to  https://
camtools.caret.cam.ac.uk:443/

Perhaps all of these have been worked around in SWFUpload, but the
proxy thing is still a worry for me.... since they clearly are not
using the Browser transport, and that certainly will cause a problem
in FF which manages its own proxy separate from the OS on most
platforms.

If this post is not of relevance to fluid and I should post it
somewhere else, please just say.

Ian