Fwd: Re: Thanks!

barbara.glover at utoronto.ca barbara.glover at utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 6 01:08:03 UTC 2008

Hi Daphne/Allison
Thought since we have a 'tag cloud' component on the horizon you might
find the following comments/suggestions from our student we did a CI
with today interesting.

cheers
Barbara

----- Forwarded message from mjecclestone at gmail.com -----
     Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:39:11 -0500
     From: Meg Ecclestone <mjecclestone at gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: Thanks!
       To: Barbara Glover <barbara.glover at utoronto.ca>

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for having me... I sure do love talking about myself. :)
Some points I've since thought of - you can take these or leave these as you
see fit:

1) You know how I mentioned I'm taking that Yale course on the Old
Testament? Maybe for online courses, making it easy to convert the prof's
lecture to mp3 format = time better spent on the subway.
2) Having some place for tagging... I don't know why/how this would be
beneficial... maybe if a student is able to tag something, "week 2
readings", or "prof mentioned this article in class", it might be of some
use to students.
3) There's an application I saw on the net somewhere a million years ago.
The premise of it was: You have an article. You have a group of people who
want to comment on the article. This application (no idea of the name),
allows users to highlight a particular passage, and leave comments on it
(sort of like the "comments" function in Microsoft Word). This might be a
good tool for certain classes.

As well, I've forwarded your e-mail to a fellow student who was curious to
know more about the project and maybe participate.

Cheers,

Meg

--
Meghan Ecclestone