Date Picker thoughts

erin yu erin.yu at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 5 20:08:40 UTC 2008

That's very interesting. Do you think there is a need for clarifying
the word "midnight" even more? ... for example, I thought midnight
was the end of day. in the evening. shaw-han thought midnight was the
beginning of the day.

I'd like to find out how people understand "midnight of March 3rd" to
be. Is it the end of March 3rd, or the beginning of March 3rd?

So when you say "I have to finish this by midnight" that means you
mean "12 midnight this evening" but when you enter it in the date
widget, you have to think of it as the beginning of tomorrow? or do
people just pick something that is the closest (11:30pm, etc).
Google Calendar avoids this ambiguity by starting their time options
at 00:00 and ending at 23:30. I do agree using familiar words such as
"Midnight" or "Noon" would definitely be useful, but we'd have to
make sure they are universally