jARIA license

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 5 19:32:43 UTC 2008

Chris,

On 5-Mar-08, at 2:19 PM, Chris Hoffman wrote:

>> I think there's a larger question here. If the burgeoning jQuery
>> accessibility movement ends up choosing to integrate or adapt jARIA
>> and include it into jQuery UI, are you amenable to this, Chris H.? If
>> so, it seems like it may simplify things to bring the license in line
>> with jQuery's license.
>
> I am amenable--in fact, that's what I want. I'll follow this thread
> for
> another day or so, just to get some other folks' input, and then will
> most likely change to the GPL/MIT license.

This is great! If you're up for collaboration, I have a number of
ideas for how we can add some new functionality and a couple of bug
fixes. Perhaps we should move the discussion onto the new jQuery-a11y
mailing list just to get the conversation started?

How would you like to proceed? Should I send you patches directly?
Should we try to get jARIA into the jQuery SVN? What approach works
best for you?