Date Picker thoughts

Harriet Truscott harriet at caret.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 19:32:39 UTC 2008

Hi people

Aaron and I had a small request from heuristic analyis of the RSF date
picker widget. We'd like to see it appear in RSF date picker, but also in
any new date pickers.

Basically, it's very simple.

12:00am - what's that?
12:00pm - what's that?
00:00pm on 3 March - erm, so that's actually midnight on the 2nd?
24:00pm on 3 March - erm, midnight on the 3rd?

So we'd like a date picker to say

Midnight, 2 March
Noon, 3 March

None of this 12:00, 0:00 or 24:00 business!

How does it sound to others?

Harriet

Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technologies
University of Cambridge
16 Mill Lane
Cambridge
01223 765 040