Date Picker thoughts

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 5 19:08:01 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I'm re-directing this thread on-list so others can join in. Fluid is
working on designs for a unified date/time picker. I apologize that we
haven't done a better job of publicizing this work. Here are Erin Yu's
in-progress designs:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Date+Picker+Widget

Antranig will likely be helping her to implement this, but if you're
interested in lending a hand, we'd love your help. We haven't yet
settled a date widget to reuse. Antranig has had good luck with the
YUI widget. The jQuery UI widget has potential. Both need significant
accessibility work to be useful.

We've launched a new Mozilla Foundation-funded project to help improve
accessibility in the jQuery community. There's a news article on the
Fluid Project website and we've created a new jQuery-a11y forum as well:

http://fluidproject.org/
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-a11y

Colin