jARIA license

Joseph Scheuhammer clown at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 5 18:52:00 UTC 2008

Chris,

Regarding (2) the Fluid licence, that's not right.  Fluid is dual
licenced under BSD and ECL 2.0:
http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/LICENSE.txt

> The question is, in order to be used by the Fluid project, does the
> jAria plugin need to be changed to the GPL/MIT dual license?

Short answer:  no.  But, I am not a lawyer either.  As far as I know,
the LGPL is compatible with Fluid's licensing policy -- Fluid can link
to the jAria code, it can re-distibute the code, and, I believe is
legally allowed to contribute to it (that is, contribute to an LGPL'ed
project).

Your question is possibly, although unlikely, more apropos jQuery in the
sense of whether jQuery plugins must be licensed in the same way as
jQuery itself (which is the dual MIT/GPL licence).  I think LGPL is
sufficient for that as well (it's compatible).

--
;;;;joseph

'This is not war -- this is pest control!'
      - "Doomsday", Dalek Leader -