Adobe ConnectNow and Acrobat.com

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 4 16:49:06 UTC 2008

Adobe rolled out a new online product this last week called
Acrobat.com, basically a roll-up of a number of products that they
have been running in various release and beta versions for a while now.

http://acrobat.com

The most useful for Fluid might be ConnectNow, which is a free, hosted
version of Adobe Connect, aka Breeze. It only supports three users,
but it has screen-sharing and a shared whiteboard. I can see this as a
nice overflow for our current breeze room, or when we need features
that our version of Breeze doesn't support, or doesn't support very
well.

The other feature/application in Acrobat.com that is interesting to me
is called BuzzWord. This is a Flash-based online word processor, with
real time collaboration and commenting, and version control. Think
GoogleDocs (just the word part) on steroids, or a shared white board
for written documents.

Enjoy,
Eli

Eli Cochran