Table of contents for Fluid user manual

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 2 21:36:40 UTC 2008

Hey,

On 2-Jun-08, at 5:04 PM, Allison Bloodworth wrote:
> After talking with Daphne (and doing wiki gardening all morning as I
> looked at the pages!) I added a "User Experience" section to the ToC
> for the less toolkit-oriented more project-based stuff the Fluid UX
> Team is doing (including the UX Walkthroughs and OSDPL Working
> Group). I also added "manual" tags to all the pages I linked to.
> Feel free to modify the ToC if needed. I really think the manual is
> looking *great* -- you've done just a fantastic job getting our
> information organized. :)

Thanks for adding this.

Admittedly, I'm of two minds about where this material fits. On one
hand, this seems like very useful material for the Fluid team and
members of some of the communities we work with. On the other hand,
I've always assumed the Toolkit was a place to where people can find
simple tools and techniques for applying UX practices in their own work.

Do you think our working groups and UX Walkthrough results provide
useful tools for consumers of the UX Toolkit? Or are they more inward-
facing, and thus might belong somewhere outside of the Toolkit proper?
I can't decide, so I'd love to hear your thoughts about this.