A css discussion...

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 31 20:48:47 UTC 2008

Hey all,

On 31-Jul-08, at 4:21 PM, Jacob Farber wrote:

> Thanks - your point about utilizing semantics in the host language is
> critical to creating a cleaner starting point for implementors.
> We should definitely avoid redundant information when there is a
> native
> property that can do it for us, which is what Eli touched upon with
> his
> example.

Yeah, this is a really interesting point. There may come a time when
we want to provide an API for component views to use when modifying
these states. This way, we can encapsulate the several DOM operations
that are be needed to sync up CSS classes, ARIA states, and element
properties.

Ideally, from the component's perspective, it should just adjust its
own states without having to handle the muckiness of managing ARIA and
other attributes.