OmniGraffle tips

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 31 20:05:20 UTC 2008

Allison,
Thanks for those notes. As a long time user of OmniGraffle, I'll just
add one a couple things about groups.

Most folks know that, as it is with most drawing programs, Grouping
and Ungrouping of objects makes it very easy to move stuff around and
to copy and paste groups of items at once.

However what is not immediately apparent is that Groups can be edited
without ungrouping them. It is a simple as clicking again on the
element with in the group to create a "sub-selection" (my term).

Also, stencils are just a Grouped object. So it is easy to change
stencils and to pull stencils apart so you can use little pieces of
them.

- Eli