[JIRA] Closed: (FLUID-1055) cannot move element to top of list (sortable vertical list)

Herb Wideman herb at yorku.ca
Thu Jul 31 13:20:11 UTC 2008

Hi Justin,

As this bug i reported is so potentially significant I want to comment
on your closing of it as a duplication, because in my view it is not a
duplicate. You've stated that it duplicates the bug  "Drop target
appears when avatar not in a valid drop position". However according to
the reorderer vertical list testing protocol, in the boundary "move to
top of list" test, moving a list item"above the first list item" should
have the following result:

    * "The avatar should drop and move the list item to the new location
    * The other items should shift to fill in the empty space where the
      list item was originally located
    * The numbering for the items should be updated"

This clearly implies that moving a list item to the top is a legitimate
in-bounds move. The bug I am finding is not generated by dragging the
list item way above the list and then attempting a drop; even if I
slowly move the item avatar upwards and drop as soon as the move
indicator bar appears in the top position in the list, the drop does not
work, it is simply impossible to move the item to the top position. So
it would appear this problem is not a duplicate of the "Drop target
appears when avatar not in a valid drop position" bug (unless there is
an error in the test protocol itself).

Herb