Jaws and the Generic Lightbox Demo

Jonathan Hung jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 30 16:40:15 UTC 2008

As far as I know, there's no way of detecting whether or not a certain AT is
being run. If this were possible, we wouldn't have to try to figure out good
key combinations that work with major ATs like WindowEyes and JAWS.

This is why we have to mention both instructions (CTRL+Direction key, and
CTRL+J/I/K/M) since we don't know if a user is using an AT or not.

Your #3 point is very good. I think the instructions should be easily and
quickly accessible to the user. I'm a big fan of instructions or help mode
especially for AT users who don't necessarily have the visual cues to deduce
functionality. We should probably check to see that all our other components
have similar help text / instructions easily accessible to an AT like JAWS.

- Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Hung / jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
University of Toronto - ATRC