Inline Edit: Blanks -- initial, embedded, and trailing

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 25 16:50:03 UTC 2008

Hey,

On 22-Jul-08, at 4:23 PM, Eli Cochran wrote:

> I'm with Paul, that trimming of whitespace should be configurable
> for the inline editor, or maybe there is a call back that allows the
> developer to insert their own validation and/or manipulation "on
> blur".

A quick clarification about the current implementation. Currently,
there's no specific validation lifecycle for the InlineEdit component.
There is a "finishedEditing" callback that allows the implementor to
insert their own processing hooks into the component.

I'd like to add a predicate callback, "shouldFinishEditing" that will
allow the implementor to short-circuit the natural flow of the
component in cases of validation errors and the like.

I'm working on articulating a a set of expected callbacks or "delegate
functions" that all components should implement. API consistency like
this is a high priority for me in the coming weeks.