Wiki: Component page template

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 24 13:11:57 UTC 2008

On 23-Jul-08, at 9:09 PM, Daphne Ogle wrote:

> Can you give some examples of the pages you looking at?

I'm looking at what I understood to be the individual starting page
for each component, linked to from the Components page. In particular:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Uploader
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Pager
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inline+Edit
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Lightbox

If these pages were originally intended to be "Design Overview" pages
and not a general page about the component, then I think the format is
fine. But in that case, I think we need a separate "main page" for
each component that references the "Design Overview" page for that
component :-)

> I wonder if it would be advantageous to try to capture what pages we
> have and put together a kind of site map so we can see just how many
> component pages there are for instance and decide the audience and
> goals for them and if they are really all needed.

I agree that such a high-level review of the whole wiki would be
great. It's actually quite easy to see a grand Table of Contents for
the whole site if you are logged in:

- Go to "Browse Space" in the left-side navigation bar
- Choose "Advanced"
- Click on "Export Space"

This will show you a list of every single page in the space, in its
parent-child hierarchy.

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca