Creating dependencies in JIRA

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 22 23:28:09 UTC 2008

Hi there,

Today in the UX Planning meeting it was mentioned that we may want to
start creating dependencies between tasks to ensure they are completed
in the proper order. If you need to do this, go to the "Link this
issue to another issue" link in the left nav for a particular issue.
You can then say it depends on, is depended on, relates to, is
superseded by, etc. another issue. For instance, I added a link saying
this task: http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-373 is
dependent on another task that must be completed first.

So going forward, we should make sure any "depends on" tasks are
completed (or talk to the person assigned to the "depends on" task)
before we start work on a task.

Cheers,
Allison

Allison Bloodworth