Live Uploader to test against

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 22 20:53:55 UTC 2008

On 7/22/2008 1:34 PM, Anastasia Cheetham wrote:

> On 22-Jul-08, at 4:16 PM, Eli Cochran wrote:
>
>> Just now chatting with Justin... he really needs a live Uploader site
>> to test against since there are a number of things that just won't
>> happen in the "demo" mode.
>>
>> One thought that I had was that we could build Ray's reference
>> application on build.fluidproject.org, but I'm wondering if it would
>> be better to have this test environment running on another machine or
>> server instance so that it is easy to reset it everyone once in a while.
>
> We do want to get Ray's reference application up and running on the
> Fluid build site. Continuum will allow us to set it up so that it is
> easy to reset by any team member :-)
>
> Ray, whenever the code is in a state where it could be deployed, let me
> know and I'll work with you to get it up on the server.

The good news is that so far as I know it's been in that state for a
while now. There's a "readme" in the source tree that may help you
experiment.

The bad news is that I'm going off the job and off the air in a few
days, and my remaining time's solidly booked (and then some). So if you
hit problems, there may be quite a pause before you hear back from me.

But the *good* news is that I'm on the fluid-work list, so at least you
don't have to CC me explicitly.  :)

Best,
Ray