Inline Edit: Blanks -- initial, embedded, and trailing

Justin justin.obara at utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 22 14:05:03 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

I've noticed this behaviour as well. It doesn't appear that this is
part of the intended behaviour, so I filed them as bugs. (bugs listed
at the bottom of message)

There has been some discussion about what to do with newline
characters, whether to accept it or ignore it. I'm not sure if this
should follow the same line of thought or not, as the user may have
entered those spaces to adjust presentation.

As for the field not displaying the full line of text, I would assume
this is a bug as well. The user should be able to see the whole line.
That being said, maybe there should be a standard fixed length that
the editable field displays, rather than adjusting to the length of
text currently displayed. For now I'll file it as a bug.

Fluid-887:

Fluid-886:

Fluid-972:

- Justin