inline edit specifications question

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 18 16:38:26 UTC 2008

Hey Justin,

You are very on top of things! :) That document wasn't quite ready for
release yet--Daphne and I are still working on it and playing with
different ideas. We were mostly thinking about the text box case
yesterday and will add to that document to cover the other contexts
(hopefully today). I'll let you know when we are done with it and it's
ready to use as an actual specification.

Thanks,
Allison

On Jul 18, 2008, at 6:57 AM, Justin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for posting the inline edit specificatons, Allison,
>
> I noticed that you mentioned that the pointer should always be an i-
> bar after opening an inline editable field. I was wondering if this
> should be the case for an inline editable field with constrained
> choice (drop-down menu), because the user cannot type into this field.
>
> Thank You
> Justin

Allison Bloodworth
Senior User Interaction Designer