Inline Edit: Single line/multi-line?

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 18 00:25:49 UTC 2008

I generally think the removal of carriage returns would be more
jarring, as it is substantively altering the content (though I'm sure
you could find use cases where this would be helpful).

Removing the carriage returns along with any text following them I
think better conveys the message that they aren't allowed without
forcing the user to process all their text in order to even realize
they are gone, and then think about why that may have happened.