Registration Now Open for the JA-SIG Fall 2008 Unconference
Paul.Zablosky at ubc.ca
Wed Jul 16 23:19:55 UTC 2008
*REGISTER NOW FOR THE JA-SIG FALL 2008 UNCONFERENCE at UNIVERSITY OF
* Registration fee for the October 2008 JA-SIG Unconference:
* Nightly rate at the historic Edgewater Hotel: $129
* Two-and-a-half days talking, learning, teaching, planning, coding,
and hanging out with your peers - and with the uPortal, CAS,
Fluid, JSR-168, SpringMVC experts: *Priceless!*
*NEW INFORMATION! HOW TO REGISTER*
October 6, 2008, 9am to October 8, 2008, noon
October 9-10, developer meetings and optional post-conference activities
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Pyle Center, 702 Langdon Street,
Madison, WI 53706,
Front Desk: 608-262-1122
$175 - JA-SIG Members
$225 - Non-Members
(Includes Breakfast, Mon/Tue Lunch, and Snacks)
Edgewater Hotel, 666 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703
800.922.5512 (www.theedgewater.com <http://www.theedgewater.com>)
Make sure you ask for the JA-SIG room block and rate!
Hotel registration not available by web for this event.
*What's an Unconference?*
"An unconference is a conference where the content of the sessions is
driven and created by the participants, generally day-by-day during
the course of the event, rather than by a single organizer, or small
group of organizers, in advance."
JA-SIG has always been about people coming together to share and learn
in an open environment, and this is what an "unconference" is all
about. Many attendees at last year's unconference said it was their
favorite event of the year.
The October event will provide both spontaneous and planned
opportunities to collaborate on community initiatives and
*What are we going to do?*
It's up to you! Ideas people are talking about so far include the
* Lightning Talks - Volunteers talk for up to 10 minutes. Any topic goes.
* Code Clinics - Bring your uPortal, portlet, or CAS code or problem
and work on it with Core developers
* Screencast Factory - Show off your work while a facilitator captures
it to share with the community.
* Designer/Developer collaborations
* Strategic Planning - What should JA-SIG be focused on next year? In
three years? Join the conversation.
* How-to's. How-not-to's. Tips and techniques.
* See a list of ideas for activities and add your own:
As part of the un-conference format the final schedule will be
determined in real-time, interactively with the attendees.
*Ok, I'm interested. What should I do next?*
If you're planning to join us, please do the following:
1. Register for the Unconference right here:
2. Visit and Add your Name on the Unconference Planning Site on
the JA-SIG wiki. This is a great place to indicate your
interests---what you'd like to discuss, learn, share or teach:
3. Call the Edgewater Hotel to reserve a room: 800.922.5512
4. Make travel arrangements. Tips are available here:
See you at the JA-SIG Unconference,
The Fall 2008 Unconference Organizers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work