Inline Edit: Single line/multi-line?

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 16 13:33:30 UTC 2008

Antranig, thanks for your thoughts on this thread. Comments inline:

On 15-Jul-08, at 1:51 PM, Antranig Basman wrote:

> I am wondering whether we should not proceed more DOM-agnostically
> about this....
> ... we would expect the component user to
> simply write the markup they require...

We definitely want to allow users to create their own markup! We have
no desire to force anyone to use a particular markup.

However, one of the goals of the Inline Edit is to greatly simplify
the process of making something editable. We'd like to be able to
"take care of it for you," that is, allow users to point the component
to any piece of text and say "Please make this editable, I don't
really care how you do it, so long as it's <yadda yadda>."

Basically, we want to be everything to everyone ;-)

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca