Inline Edit: Single line/multi-line?

Antranig Basman antranig at caret.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 17:51:26 UTC 2008

I am wondering whether we should not proceed more DOM-agnostically about this. I would
await a steer from Colin, but I would imagine that we position the users
of this widget as "reasonably competent" HTML developers who would be capable of more
easily specifying the HTML form of the "editable" version of the widget in-line
more directly, rather than having to wrap every possible form of HTML editability
within our own Fluid API. I imagine this will be the sort of thing we will chat
about on Thursday, but the demo we showed at Paris for an inline-editable table of
cells, had markup like the following:

        <input rsf:id="quantity" type="text" size="3" style="display:none" />

So we would position for any more "complex" operations like the ones below,
(single/multiline/autowrapping) etc. we would expect the component user to
simply write the markup they require as above, and either let the markup
stand in place, or else perhaps let the renderer take the slack if
multiple instantations were required.

Owzat?

Boz.