UX Iteration 13, a strange bird

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Mon Jul 14 15:44:32 UTC 2008

Dear Fluid,

We're already one week into Iteration 13 and a number of our UX team
members are coming back from vacations, etc.  Welcome back Allison and
Paul!

After having a few conversations with UX team members and also after
trying to plan a second iteration in a row for partial time, I've
tried to centralize the planning in JIRA.  I'm still analyzing the
work that is *completed* and taking down that metric from iteration to
iteration, but the built in prioritization, organization, and time
tracking within JIRA is tempting me away from a Google Doc process
that is not updated on the fly like JIRA is.  I'm digging into some of
JIRA's more powerful features and hope to start using them
interestingly.

So, UX Iteration 13 is in JIRA:  http://issues.fluidproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10081

Anyone who has any questions, concerns, or input, please feel free to
contact me.  I'm going to try to get better at doing iterations within
JIRA so we can give this a fair try and hopefully help us with
iteration planning.

As for the Iteration itself, it's focused primarily on user testing,
finishing uploader, and continuing on wiki and website improvements.

Thanks for your patience as I try to find the best way to do this,
Jess

Jess Mitchell
Project Manager / Fluid Project
jess at jessmitchell.com