Inline Edit: Single line/multi-line?

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 10 20:59:35 UTC 2008

Hey, folks,

The Inline Edit functional requirements distinguish between editing
simple text and editing large amounts of text. Technically we've been
interpreting this distinction to be single-line vs. multi-line. So
far, we've only implemented single-line editing.

Is this a reasonable interpretation? Or should the notion of 'simple
text' include support for multiple lines of text? If someone pastes
text that includes a carriage return into a simple inline edit, should
it resize to be multiple lines?

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca