What are your "Current Needs" on Fluid?

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 9 17:56:07 UTC 2008

Hey Jonathon,

I need to think about this a little more but a few things that come to
mind are:

Design Review
- Inline Editor - based on the overview pages and storyboards
- Pager - based on the overview pages and storyboards

User Testing
- User testing of Uploader using the Fluid protocol - full access,
keyboard and/or screen reader
- User testing of Pager using the Fluid protocol - full access,
keyboard and/or screen reader
- User testing of Inline Edit using the Fluid protocol - full access,
keyboard and/or screen reader
Are the Pager & Inline Edit components implementation far enough along
for testing?

Design Patterns
- Pattern review for File Uploader
- Pattern review for Inline Edit
- Pattern review for Pager
- Add Sakai Design Patterns to the OSDPL (need to find out which ones
still need to be moved over)

Design
- Design the Fluid components into your new designs:  Reorder,
Lightbox, Layout Customizer, Uploader, Inline Edit, Pager.  Give us
feedback about how the components and design patterns work in your
context.  Is it easy to understand how they fit into your context?  Is
there information missing that would be helpful (component
documentation and design pattern)?

I guess we'll need to fill in specifics about how they can get
involved in these activities -- at a minimum who to contact to get
going.  FYI -- I connected with some folks at IU that are potentially
interested in doing some accessibility testing.  I'll get in contact
with them in the next few days.

-Daphne

On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Jonathan Hung wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I've added those items to the page. It would be great to get a few
> more tasks there, perhaps something on the Design side? Hopefully
> once everyone is settled from the Conference, this can be looked at.
>
> ---
> Jonathan Hung / jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
> University of Toronto - ATRC
> Tel: (416) 946-3002
>
> 2008/7/2 Anastasia Cheetham <a.cheetham at utoronto.ca>:
>
> On 2-Jul-08, at 11:16 AM, Jonathan Hung wrote:
>
> Can you please suggest to me 3-5 needs volunteers can help with in
> the Fluid project? I will compile a list and publish it to the Wiki.
>
> I'm not sure which heading this would fit under - development?
> documentation review?
>
> It would be helpful for external javascript developers to review the
> API documentation, tutorials, etc. and use them to actually
> incorporate the components into something, and then give us
> feedback! Let us know where the documentation is lacking, let us
> know where the API is lacking.
>

> Regarding user testing or accessibility review: Having volunteers
> who use various assistive technologies (i.e. actual users, not
> developers who know how to use JAWS) try out the components and
> provide feedback would be helpful (in addition to more formal
> testing).
>

> --
> Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
> Software Designer, Fluid Project    http://fluidproject.org