Jaws reading across the page in IE

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 9 14:54:42 UTC 2008

On 9-Jul-08, at 5:08 AM, michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca wrote:

> The page I'm looking at is a table with a single row. Each
> 'td' in the row is a separate widget containing a title, information,
> lists etc. When I listen in IE, Jaws is reading across the page so I
> get the title of the widget in column 1 followed by the title of the
> widget in column 2 etc. This is very confusing! In FireFox the entire
> widget 1 is read before widget 2 which is *much* easier to understand
> and makes a lot more sense. Does anyone have any experience with this?
> Do I have Jaws in the wrong mode or something?

Interesting... The only thing I can think of is the Virtual PC Cursor
mode, which can be toggled on and off. I'm still learning what that
means, but it is something you might want to try both ways, and see if
it makes any difference.

To toggle, use INS+z - in response, you should hear a voice saying
whether you turned it on or off.

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca