Jaws reading across the page in IE

michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 9 09:08:41 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm at the Sakai Hackathon listening to the new widgets that people
are creating here. I'm getting some weird reading from Jaws when I use
it with IE. The page I'm looking at is a table with a single row. Each
'td' in the row is a separate widget containing a title, information,
lists etc. When I listen in IE, Jaws is reading across the page so I
get the title of the widget in column 1 followed by the title of the
widget in column 2 etc. This is very confusing! In FireFox the entire
widget 1 is read before widget 2 which is *much* easier to understand
and makes a lot more sense. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Do I have Jaws in the wrong mode or something?

Thanks!

Michelle