Running Multiple Firefox versions/profiles at the same time
justin.obara at utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 3 14:13:49 UTC 2008
This may be useful for anyone who needs to run multiple versions and/
or profiles of Firefox at the same time.
You need to setup multiple profiles, one for each configuration/
version. Make sure there are no spaces in the profile name you create.
You can find out how to create profiles here:
Running Multiple versions/profiles at the same time
The profile manager will allow you to decide which profile to run when
you start firefox, but as long as an instance of firefox is open, all
new instances will use the same profile.
Below are two methods around this.
1)The link below shows the command line inputs to launch the instances
2) If you don't want to have to type in a command every time, here is
a method to add it to your shortcuts (only tried on windows xp).
- create shortcuts pointing to the versions of firefox you want to
run. you should have the same number of shortcuts as profiles.
- right click on a shortcut and select 'properties'
- select the 'shortcut' tab
- in the 'Target' field add the following information at the end: -P
profile_name -no-remote (replace profile_name with the desired
profile you created earlier)
- here is an example of how the 'Target' field might appear with the
information added: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P
If anyone knows how to accomplish this, without the terminal, on Mac
OS X, please let me know.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work