JA-Sig UCamp

Barbara Glover barbara.glover at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 21 19:42:51 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

I saw your email last week for descriptions of the JA-Sig courses/
meetings and don't know if you wanted a description for the UCamp as
well (similar to what Colin just sent you for his course)?  Anyway
here it is below.

cheers
Barbara

On 17-Jan-08, at 3:55 PM, Paul Zablosky wrote:

> 	• Organizer's name  (we have multiple presenters who at this time
> are unknown)

Barbara Glover and members of Fluid UX community

Anyone in the community at large: if you're interested in lending a
hand with this seminar, please let me know!

> 	• Final title

UCamp: Exploring UX issues and techniques for open source communities"

** If this is not needed yet, then I'd rather wait and talk more with
the team.

> 	• Final description

At this point we are still canvassing the communities to see what
topics are appropriate for the UCamp.

In general UCamps offer information about what is User Centered
Design (UCD) and how it can be applied to improve the user experience
of learning management systems and other higher educational
software.  We will have topics on basic UCD and possibly other more
advanced topics.  All topics will be presented in a workshop like
format to encourage collaborative learning and discussion amongst
UCamp participants.