Portlet Layout Manager User tests
barbara.glover at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 11 17:52:52 UTC 2008
I'm developing user tests for the Portlet Layout Manager to be run
here in Toronto in about 2 weeks. Here is a list of the research
questions we are considering.
What we are testing - goals
For this Portlet Layout Manager user test we want to consider the
usability of moving/reordering portlets. Research questions/goals
* Do users realize they can move portlets?
* Are users successful at moving portlets around the portal?
* Can a user move a portlet successfully to a chosen location?
* Do users recognize and understand locked vs. unlocked portlets?
* Are visual affordances meaningful and helpful to users (cursor
changing to "move" cursor, red bar for new position where portlet can
Here is a link to the mockups of the Portlet Layout Manager we will
be user testing.
If you can think of any additional questions that should be
considered, please email me your suggestions. Please try and get any
additional feedback to me by mid next week (January 16th) so I can
add it into the user test plans.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work