Update on Lightbox fix?

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 29 20:00:31 UTC 2008

On 29-Feb-08, at 11:08 AM, Michael S Elledge wrote:

> I have JAWS 7.0 but we're thinking of partitioning my laptop so I
> can also run tests with JAWS 8.0, which as I recall handles ARIA-
> based code. I would pair JAWS 7.0 with IE 7.0 and JAWS 8.0 with
> Firefox 2.0.

Actually, it is effectively Firefox that handles ARIA, not JAWS.
Firefox will communicate the ARIA mark-up to MSAA, which translates it
into something JAWS understands, regardless of the version of JAWS.

Do you have plans to use Firefox 3? FF2 and FF3 handle the ARIA in
slightly different ways.

Also, are you planning to test the Lightbox within Sakai's Image
Gallery tool, or the stand-alone version with the fruit?

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Software Designer, Fluid Project           fluidproject.org