Update on Lightbox fix?

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 28 13:11:14 UTC 2008

Mike,

I'm so sorry for not putting out an update sooner! Yes, we're working
away at it, and it's our top prioritty. Firefox apparently doesn't yet
expose the ARIA roles for drag and drop out to MSAA, so the
screenreaders are a little in the dark about our interactions.
Apparently Mozilla is working on this.

Regardless, we realize we want to offer the best possible experience
in non-ARIA environments as well (Internet Explorer). We're tweaking
the way the Reorderer manages keyboard focus, and will put an set of
instructions into the tab order so that users will have some context
for how to interact with it.

I'm away at the Mellon retreat at the moment so I don't have the task
plan in front of me, but Anastasia can give you a sense of how long
we're thinking this work will take before you can start user testing
with screen reader users.

Colin