Draggable portal cells thingymabob

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:57:06 UTC 2008

One note -- you'll need to make sure you are on the UK version in
order to the see the 'go to new....' button (mine defaulted to
international version).

Hattie, this is very similar to the portlet reorder (still needs a
new name) that is in development now.   I suggested once it is
working in uPortal that we integrate it with the Home Tool in Sakai.
What do you think?  Would you see it anyplace else in Sakai (besides
multiple portlets on a page)?

Thanks for sharing!

-Daphne

On Feb 19, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Harriet Truscott wrote:

> Hi people
>
> Thought that people might be interested in seeing that the BBC now
> has a new, draggable, customisable portal. This is very much the
> kind of thing we at Cambridge are hoping that the Fluid widget will
> let us do.
>
> To see it, go to HYPERLINK www.bbc.co.uk www.bbc.co.uk and click on
> 'go to new beta homepage' in the top right-hand corner
>
> Harriet

> - -
> Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technologies
> University of Cambridge
> 16 Mill Lane
> Cambridge
> 01223 765 040